My Cat Is Pooping Around The Litter Box At Least Once A Day.....?

My cat for some reason will poop all day in the litter box, except for the one time he poops on the floor around the litter box....its never anywhere else, just there....i didnt change his litter, i did change his food but switched it back when i saw he wasnt having a good reaction to it....i'm really not sure... show more My cat for some reason will poop all day in the litter box, except for the one time he poops on the floor around the litter box....its never anywhere else, just there....i didnt change his litter, i did change his food but switched it back when i saw he wasnt having a good reaction to it....i'm really not sure what to do i have 2 small kids and will end up having to get rid of him if we cant fix the problem, and i really love my cat so its not something i want to do.....until a maybe 2 weeks ago we had another cat, we got her after Buddy, she started the pooping on the floor thing, so we took her back, but hes still doing it.........he never had the problem before we got her, so i'm not really sure what to do, after i clean it i put vinager down on the spot but that doesnt work, tried bleach too, to try and maybe get the smell out.......its on tile not a carpet
Update: i clean out the box on an everyday basis, i started doing that the moment they started pooping on the floor and when i had the 2 cats i did have 2 litter boxes but that didnt help either they would both ignore the one and just use the big one
Update 2: i got both cats from the humane society so both were fixed when we got them, i took back mystic cause of all the problems she came with, that really sounds bad i know, but the 2 were just not getting along, and its runny stool...i might be able to deal with it better if it were normal poop, but its a big pile of... show more i got both cats from the humane society so both were fixed when we got them, i took back mystic cause of all the problems she came with, that really sounds bad i know, but the 2 were just not getting along, and its runny stool...i might be able to deal with it better if it were normal poop, but its a big pile of runny mess, ss for being gross
13 answers 13