Do we Immigrants must learn English, but you Non-Immigrant must also learn Spanish & work together 4 America?

Me, Mexicano

Favorite Answer

This troll asked the same questions yesterday.

No habla espanol is all I'm willing to learn.

Me Americano.

• Lori K

Of course not. This isn't a Spanish speaking country. If you don't like that, feel free to relocate to a Spanish speaking country. It isn't our responsibility to make things easy on Spanish speakers. Why are they any more special than Koreans, Nigerians, Russians, French, Germans, Dutch, Swedes, Japanese, Chinese, Egyptians or anyone else for that matter? Every other nationality of non-English immigrants have been intelligent enough to learn the language when the immigrate. What's the issue?

Where I am from they teach Spanish, English and French?

whats the big deal with learning another language. As long as no one is asking you to give up your native language or forcing to learn another language you shouldn't have a problem. I admire people that speak more then one language it shows how open and worldly they are willing to be. Remember that even Rome fell and their will come a day that the same will happen to the U.S. And china looks like the next promising power.

Here's the thing , mexicans dont speak spanish. they speak "jeringonza" is like cutting the words and/or names.

keep in mind that most of the illegals are from inside Mexico mostly "natives" without formal education. So i must said we all should learn other languages, but i can tell you i speak spanish as my first language , still i am having hard time trying to understand mexicans. I learn english in school and in college. and i would love to learn french. but here in US i have to speak english 'just because is the right thing to do.

Yah...No. Learning a second language is a good idea, but we are under no obligation to learn Spanish. This is an English speaking country and you must learn it.

If I want to learn another language, why not French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic. Many of these are more important in economic terms.

Well lets see 90% English speaking people with most of the others learning English. I agree learning Spanish would be benifitical to US people. But that would have to be by choice, you coming here is a choice, you can either learn what the majority is speaking or GO BACK TO WHEREEVER YOU COME FROM.

first learn to write. and no we do not have to speak spanish this is the USA English speaking people. We can only work together if you come here legally and can speak english cause I dont come to mexico and expect you to speak english. Spanish is what you speak down there right. Well English is up here so learn and quit bitching

Source(s): Being an American and proud of it

I had an opportunity (and still have one) to learn Spanish, but I'm not impressed by nor interested in the culture south of the U.S. border nor that which is being imported by the illegal invaders. I learned French, German, and Latin instead... I pick up a little Spanish here and there, but I don't really care about it. It would be cool to learn a little Thai, though.

Yes you must learn English

No I do not have to learn spanish unless I choose to do so on the chance I might travel to a spanish speaking country.

If I relocated to Mexico, shoul those mexicans who speak spanish only, be forced to learn english just to accomodate me?

Absolutely not...Theres your answer

No, "we Americans" should NOT have to learn Spanish. This is our birth country and English is our native tongue. If immigrants come to America legally, they should have to learn our language. I think we should get rid of Spanish TV and radio programs, too. And no, I'm not racist; I'm just tired of every one saying "we Americans" need to suffer this and understand that and give, give, give ...

• When in Rome. . .

If most of the business conducted in this nation is done in ENGLISH it only makes sense to learn to speak ENGLISH. I can live my life and function perfectly well by knowing how to speak ENGLISH and only ENGLISH. If there ever comes a time when I have to learn another language to live and survive in this nation, then I will. Until then, ENGLISH it is. . .