Why is the holocaust called Holocaust?

Knowing where the word holocaust is coming from, why ist the genocide of Jews under the Nazi Regime called Holocaust? Why with a capital? Why not genocide like in other cases? I do know the holocaust refers to fire and has it's anchestry in burning animals being alive to sacrisfy God. But Jews never got burned... show more Knowing where the word holocaust is coming from, why ist the genocide of Jews under the Nazi Regime called Holocaust? Why with a capital? Why not genocide like in other cases? I do know the holocaust refers to fire and has it's anchestry in burning animals being alive to sacrisfy God. But Jews never got burned alive. They got killed in gas chambers. (Bad enough).

I am just wondering where the term "Holocaust" (with a capital) is coming from.

Does anybody know?
Update: edit hamaker: thanks for your response. I know this link - but WHO came up with H (capital)olocaust reffering the Jew's Holocaust. Why is it not called genocide like other mass killings?
Update 2: edit ashera: stop asuming things. There is not need for me to draw any attention. I just ask a simple question - that's it.
Update 3: edit all: thanx for your answers so for. Appreciated. - But - I still do not know who or how it came up with to call this genocide Holocaust. Who decided to do so?
Update 4: edit Micheal J: I do know that. But who came up with that? Where it the Germans? Americans? Israelis? When and by whom got it changed to write holocaust with a capital "H" and why?
Btw.: I like your answers.