Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

People of new mexico?????

In new mexico, is important the spanish language ???

• Taivo
    Favorite Answer

Yes, a large percentage of the population of New Mexico speaks Spanish as a first language and, as I recall, Spanish is actually one of the official languages of New Mexico. Ignore the stupid comments of the jerk who spoke disparagingly of New Mexicans speaking Spanish. Spanish is a fine language and the people of New Mexico can speak any language they like. It's a free country.

Definitely. Look at all of the cities' names. They're in Spanish.

Also, people who complain about New Mexico should also complain about Louisiana and their adherence to French. Can you say Baton Rouge?

I would also like to inform the person below me that, although I believe it is at least polite to learn the major language of the country you are moving to, English is NOT the official language of the U.S.

Like Mexico, we have no official language.

it's good to know it, but you can get by just fine if you don't know it.

prophet, your discriminatory comments are exactly what your grandfather had to face when he came here. italians weren't very well liked and they faced a lot of abuse. knowing that, why would you lower yourself to do the same against others?

and you shouldn't have to learn another language if you don't want to. start by cleaning up your english.

go back to asking questions about 'nickelodeon christmas' on y!answers (how cute)

sei solo un ragazzino... hai ancora molto da imparare.

Source(s): if you can learn another language, go for it! if it's important enough for a WHOLE COUNTRY to speak, it's important enough to take interest in and learn.

Unfortunately yes and why, because these dam illegals won't learn English. When my grandfather's parents came over to America from Italy there weren't any signs in English/Italian. If anything the Mexicans should be learning our language rather than us having to learn there's. The only place where there should be Spanish written is on the United States-Mexico boarder with English translation.

Oh for those who are upset with what I am saying I say "**** You!" Sorry I don't know how to say it in Spanish, oh wait, that's not the national language of America.

No because it is still part of the United States. People speak

English. I have visited New Mexico several times.