what does read between the lines mean from your ex wife?

i really get confused dealing with my ex.it seems she never gets to the point and im always confused. yesterday she said she has a "addictive personality and when we talk you need to read between the lines". does this mean she doesnt mean what she says or am i suppose to look for hints or what?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It means that the signs should be obvious, she doesn't feel like she should have to tell you because it's so obvious (or she doesn't have the courage to say it outright).

But if she's saying says she has an addictive personality, it may be that she's addicted to you and is feeling as if you're not doing enough to let her go... or you're not reading the signals that she's giving you to let you know what she needs.

I'd really need some more of the story from her perspective and yours to be able to say more....

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No disrespect to you, but since you have allowed it to go on for so long he doesn't feel the need to change or choose... 1999 is along time to deal with it and now you want change, the truth is it's totally messed up that he did this to you in the first place, when he ended that marriage he should had been done with her other then their child together. Now if he had been doing this with the ex while you were dating each other and you married into this nonsense then your going to have to leave him, because the fact is he was doing it while you were dating, if so and he was doing after he married you and although you may have mentioned it here or there through out your marriage you never really did anything to warrant him to stop, like leave him, separate for a few to see if he'd cut the bull crap out, but the fact is 11years is along time to deal with that madness. I'm not blaming you for it, it's all on him but at this point he isn't going to choose and he is comfortable with the situation. So in order to get your point across you will have to leave him and you know what I think that's the best thing for you, you need a piece of mind and to live like that for 11 years is crazy. You know you deserve better and you deserve your own husband and right now you've shared him for over 10 years. Sorry for your pain, but just get out...

• 1 decade ago

She sounds incapable of communicating very well. Tell her you're not a mind reader and you don't want to play her games. If she can't tell you what needs to be said, she can hardly expect you to know what she means. Reading between the lines means "Guess what I'm saying".

• 1 decade ago

It MEANS that she is ADDICTED to you, that is why she keeps hanging on to YOU. Addictions are a type of dysfunction - they do not happen to people who think or TALK rationally.

WHY do you NEED to keep "dealing" with your EX? How about letting her take her problem somewhere else?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • George
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

She is your ex -- she doesn't get to tell you what to do anymore. If you don't have kids don't talk to her anymore. If you do have kids --- stick to the bare facts, use voice mail and e-mail when possible....and only discuss the kids. Her personality and how you do or don't need to handle it is not a topic you should be discussing.

For your own peace of mind set the boundaries and stick to them.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

you need to be more specific, but going from what you did say it could mean she's addicted to you and every time the 2 of you talk or see each other she wants you. and then again it could mean the complete opposite...that's where specific plays in

• 1 decade ago

Tell her she's psycho and it's not your job to be psychic. If she has something to say, just say it and move on. Sounds like the only thing her personality is addicted to is stupidity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read between the lines the way you want and show her you're not addicited to her personality in the least bit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It means that she is a FEMALE!!! Women can be subtle to the point that you have to check there pulse. Tell her to just say what she means so that you are not confused because clearly you are.

• 1 decade ago

had a ex wife who once told me she had a addictive personality she became nothing but trouble ex wife was bi polar so be careful

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.