I need to find a cheap pet gift for my girlfriend.. Help please?

We've been dating for two months and I need a cute pet idea to get her that is not that expensive at all but is very very cute. Please help.. its a Christmas gift.

Favorite Answer

Stop and think about this, if you are thinking a pet as a gift. It a nice idea but does your girlfriend have time to give a pet. Many animals don't do well left alone for long periods. Puppys need training to go outside to potty, they get bored and chew on things they shouldn't, ie. light cords. They also should be trained through an obedience school for learning commands. Sit, down, stay, because our puppies were it saved their lives. They were running and playing with a ball it rolled into the street, they started after it, we yelled down and stay and because they were trained not a one of them were hurt. Cats can be really good, but many people have alergies.

Then there is also the cost, shots, spaying or neutering to be a responsible pet owner. Any other pet will require time, there is more to caring for fish than just feeding and changing the water. Ask her first don't surprise her. If she feels she can handle a pet make a trip together to the pound or animal shelter in your area.These are in danger of being put down if not adopted and believe me when I say they have some great animals. Even many pure breds that people either couldn't care for or they got to big or was too expensive to take care of. We got one beautiful Irish Setter from the pound, she was one of our best we trained her in obedience and she loved to do the shows. Top score in obidence is 200 points, the dog can make mistakes but it's normally the handler/owner who costs the points. Daphene's Irish Clover would work a 200 every time any time there were deductions it was always handlers error. I don't mean to throw cold water on your gift idea but it can turn into a nightmare. I hope she does want a pet and you find the perfect one together. Depending on how long your together it may turn out to be your pet too. Merry Christmas

First of all you need to consider if she even wants a pet! A pet like a cat or dog is just as hard as raising a child! Believe me, my boyfriend got me a dog 3 christmas' ago because i cried for one, and dont get me wrong i love my dog now, but it is soo much work. I never would have thought! So if you do decide that she wants one then make sure it's something that's easy to take care of, b/c if not... the animal will take time away from you too!

I HAVE IT!!

Try these! Probably best as stocking stuffers or secret santa. They are cheap and don't look it. I used these last year and they were a big hit. Using again this year.

herculittles.com

They have a great holiday special going on and thier shipping is quick. I just bought a bunch.

Target has fantastic deals, i got a "diggie elf" costume for $4.99 and they also have stockings stuffed with doggie bones for $4.99, great deals, fast christmas gift, already wrapped, and under 5 bucks! Hope This Helps!

Awwwww.....thats so nice! Back to the question I would suggest getting a hamster because it's defeinetly cute and it's cheap

Are we talking a pet, like a live pet...I suggest a bunny or a fish like Kissing Gourmis.

there always free pets in the paper or get a cute stuffed animal

• yasses

A vet will tell you,never give a pet for christmas.

Give her a toy pet.

HOW CHEAP FIRST OF ALL AND IT CAN'T BE SOMETHING YOU JUST LAYED OUT SHOW HER YOU TRUELY LOVE HER FIRST YOU NEED TO KNOW IF SHE IS ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING AND STUFFED ANIMALS ARE TO CHEAP AND SAME WITH FISH BUT MABEY YOU SHOULD GET HER A CAT OR DOG YA THERE COSTLY BUT IT SHOWS YOU LOVE HER AND YOU WILL GO THE DISTANCE

Source(s): MY BF BOUGHT ME A PUPPY LAST YEAR AND I THOUGHT AND WELL HE IS GOING THE DISTANCE FOR ME

Old Navy has dog sweaters that are nice, if it's that type of animal...

So does WalMart

Or you could always get some treats for it.