can a city code enforcement officer?

Come up on your property without a warrant or without permission/?

Update:

Well my sit. is this, I have a inoperable vehicle, but they wouldnt of known it was inoperable unless, they actually went up to it, and looked inside, The vehicle is in my driveway.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

City officials are permitted to enter property "in the performance of their duties", and they can remain as long as necessary.

This is property only, they can not enter any structures.

Source(s): 16 years law enforcement
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes but they cannot come in your house without your permission. Just like the electric meter reader guy can come on your property, so can city codes.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Parking Enforcement Officer's can give parking tickets on any property. By law if the property owner or on-site security (example: you parked your car in a fire route on walmart or a condominium propery) the owner or security can either write you the ticket him/herself, or call the parking enforcement to give you the ticket and/or tow.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, but they can't enter your home without a warrant or your permission.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

so now the law inforcement can use code inforcement to check out your place then go get a warrent for the police to come in wow we gave up our 4 amendment so quick thanks you crooks stay off americans property unless you have search warrent feel free to call me americans. this is called tyrany 424 224 6046

• 1 decade ago

BTK in Wichita did it all the time. No stopping a man given authority by the local government.

• 1 decade ago

They can come on your property BUT you can tell them to get off your property to . If they don't then you can get them for trespassing

• 5 years ago

take a chair off my property

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes they can.

• 1 decade ago

Exterior Only..................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.