~Kim~
~Kim~ asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

How does De-caff coffee taste?

I am pregnant, so I need to cut out the caffeine. I need my coffee in the morning. Is de-caf really bad tasting?? I also need to know how I can deal with the headaches I'll get once I cut out the caffeine?? Thank you!! :0)

• Nick
    Favorite Answer

It tastes the same. Personally I don't see any point to it. I don't drink coffee for the taste, I drink it for the caffeine. But if you're for the taste, then don't worry you wont be able to tell the difference. You should know though, de-caff coffee still does contain trace amounts of caffeine. There is no 100% caffeine free coffee.

I don't see a difference in Decaf and Regular Coffee. The caffeine headaches can be dealt with either taking an aspirin for the headaches OR you should wean yourself off the caffeine so the headaches wouldn't be SO bad.

It tastes the same. As for the headaches, try weaning yourself off over couple days. Going cold turkey can make you feel miserable, especially since pregnant women tend to feel tired to begin with.

If you're pregnant, buy decaf that was decaffeinated using the Swiss-water method. The chemical methods leave some chemical residue that is normally safe for healthy adults, but I'd advice you against taking chances.

decaf coffee tastes almost the same but dosent have the same kick

the reason they make it is because if you really love the taste of coffee and you want some at midnight well you can have it without the caffieen to make you stay up all night.

de-caff isn't really that bad. But i wouldn't eat it if i were pregnant. you can deal with headaches by putting a wet clothe towel on your head and getting a rest. hope i helped

It taste just as good, as far as the headaches go you just have to deal. It wont do any good the replace one drug with another

• molder

I had a poor time looking de-caf that I enjoyed while i develop into pregnant- then my husband offered a Nespresso coffee device and that i attempted their de-caf- particularly sturdy! i think it relies upon how plenty you quite like that coffee flavor- various persons are high-quality with accepted de caf

IT TASTE GREAT. Well i don't know what regular coffee taste like! my over- protective mom won't let me have it.

decaff tastes the same, but not as strong!