What do the lyrics to Jason Mraz's I'm Yours mean?

Escpecially these:

..I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror

and bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer

my breath fogged up the glass

and so i drew a new face and laughed

i guess what i'ma saying is there ain't no better reason

to rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons

it's what we aim to do

our name is our virtue..

it's my favorite part of the song and i really want to know what he means by that

Favorite Answer

i love this song and i've thought about what the lyrics mean too. my interpretation on these lyrics is that he's been careful about all he's ever said and trying so hard to understand what has already happened. through all that, his life became too cluttered and so he just decided to take it easy and forget these careless problems, and that you shouldn't care too much about what other people think of us. I love the last line "our name is our virtue" because it really is true, our name is the person we live up to be and you're the only person who can decide how you live it.

i think what it means is that he/she's thinking about what he/she's said in the past, & that it wasnt how they would normally say things.

hope that helped :)

Source(s): moi