Maria C asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

My mom is complaining about a pain in her lower stomach area...?

She says it's about 3 inches to the left of her belly button. She was wondering what organ is in this area (ovaries?) and she was wondering if she should go get it checked out. She says it's been happening for a week and it's on and off. She says it's like a dull pain. She compares it to a tooth ache.

Favorite Answer

All unexplained pain should be brought to a doctors attention.

She needs to go in tomorrow

Could be a cyst on her ovary

A bowel impaction

Many things

First rule, dont go asking medical questions in a forum. Yes this is a place for answers but none of us in here are Doctors.

Fact it is better to be safe than sorry. If your mom is reading this, then maam think of your daughter. If this is an onset of something to come you want to deal with it now not later when the stakes are too high. Yes go see a Doctor NOW yes undergo the examination despite your comfort on being looked at down below and put it past you. It might be nothing more than a muscle having a spasm. Yes that has happened, but you will not know until you go. Again better to know now than later when you will be in a hosptial bed saying I wish I had gone earlier than my own stubborness and now I will leave this world leaving my children behind with no mom.

• sokokl

Yes, this pain could be related to her ovary but the only way to find out for sure is for her to see her doctor for further evaluation of the situation to see what they think could be going on.

• K T

I would get her to the doctor soon. She may have appendicitis.