im selling my computer so how do i deep clean my computer for free?

how do i erase all files back to factory settings i am using windows xp

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can't, unless you have not deleted your system restore files.

click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

now, this will only work if you have not deleted system restore files recently.

if this does work, just erase you My Documents, Pictures etc.

and sell it.

hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

Reinstall windows XP.

• 1 decade ago

Check out my answer here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArrEk...

Keep in mind that running Kill Disk will completely wipe your hard drive so you must have the original restore disks in order to restore it to the factory settings.

I highly recommend running Kill Disk so that you don't leave any personal information on your computer that someone can get to. Identity theft is one of the number one crimes today.

Let me know if you need any more info. Good luck!

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

courses can continually be reloaded. in the adventure that your merchandising it I wouldnt complication approximately courses i'd complication approximately removing the information and regardless of else is efficacious. ultimate ingredient would be to reformat abode windows ( reinstall the working device with finished FAT32/ or NTFS format ) wipes each and every thing and reinstalls the OS. the different questions be satisfied to deliver a message.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

re install xp use the disk clean install delete partition

raw install

• 1 decade ago

go to control panel, on the start up panel & select unistall programs, and take out the programs that weren't there when you first got your computer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.