Daniel R asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

what do you think about Andy Pettitte? Do you think he took HGH to heal from surgery, or to get an edge?

• Kris
    Favorite Answer

Some of you are the most naive people I've ever seen in my life.

If you really believe he only took it to heal, then you're ignorant.

What if Bonds came out right now and said, "I only took HGH because I had a bad back and I was trying to recover."? I'm POSITIVE you wouldn't be crying for him like you are for good ol' Andy.

Get over it, he took HGH so he'd PITCH BETTER.

Don't be fools.

.

The thing About HGH is that you need allot to gain a competitive edge. If Pettitte only used twice, he didn't even get enough of a therapeutic dose. Pettitte got nothing from the HGH. He used just enough to risk his career.

If he did it twice he did it twice, and that is two times to many. At what point do we say, "oh gee, you only took it to heal from an injury, so that is okay". In which case, Barry Bonds would be justified because he was always "healing" from an injury. The stuff wasn't around when Aaron broke the record, Ruth set the record, Koufax was throwing 95+ miles per hour, etc - and they all played injured. So Petite does not get a pass when charged with cheating.

I am almost positive he took it to heal from an injury. He prob thought it was the right thing to do at the time, and it might have been, might not have. But either way, I think he wouldn't lie about something like that. And like he said, it was 2 days of his career, so I dont think he was tryin to get an edge. He is a good enough pitcher as it is, as he has shown fans before and after he took the HGH to recover from his elbow injury

I honestly feel bad for Pettitte because I dont think that he took so he can cheat and be better than everyone else. I really think he just took it to heal faster and now he's realizing what a mistake that was.

And I could be wrong but Im pretty sure that he only took it two times. It's not like he was taking HGH his whole career.

If Mr. Pettite got his HGH via prescription from his position, there should be no issue with anybody. However, I don't think that's the case. If it is, it hasn't come out in any of the articles I've seen.

• Yak

Who cares....Major League Baseball DID NOT have a steroid or HGH policy intact until the 2005 season. For the League to try to punish or expose players who took steroids or HGH before the 2005 season is insane. The fact of the matter is that it WAS NOT ILLEGAL AT THE TIME. If the League cared soooo much about the players they would have had a steroid policy intact a long time ago.

Do you really need to ask this question? He works for an Evil Empire

They do anything to cheat and get an edge.

The whole team is thugs or on drugs of some sort

The Soul out when the signed with the Yankees

He's a cheater. Nobody takes HGH to heal from surgery.

NOBODY buys hgh from an illigal source for LIGITIMATE reasons, wake up people he used to gain an ADVANTAGE,plain and simple.