Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What does the Republican Party think about abortion ( do they support it or oppose it, and why).?

Favorite Answer

Republican are against it, they want to control everything everyone does. They are against it even if the circumstance is rape, why, because they are male and it is VERY easy to say put it up for adoption when they don't have to carry their assailants baby for ten months.

Now I am Pro-Choice, but I don't agree with it being a means of birth control use a condom or take a pill, better yet, close your legs!!!!!

The majority of Republicans oppose it. But it's not that simple at the federal level.

The Consitition was not intended to allow the federal government to reach down and regulate the behavior of individuals. That authority is supposed to reside with the states.

One of the reasons that Roe v Wade is considered by many to be "bad law" is that it struck down a state law banning abortion and did it in such as way as to consider any ban to be unconstitutional, a result that, in itself, creates an unconstitutional usurpation of State authority.

At a federal level, the position of the Republican party is that abortion should be a question to be decided by the several states.

I would say most (not all ) do oppose abortion. Its a conservative thing. I don't believe anyone has the right to take a unborn babys life. Although I'm a little on the fence if its incest or rape. I wouldn't like it but would understand in those instances. Its really sad to hear about abortion when there are so many people who would like to adopt newborns.

The conservative Republican Party opposes it but the issue probably has become too much of a political liability to admit it. Control of access to safe abortion is a handy way to control a female work force, which is why the denial of such is a conservative cause.

Most Republicans oppose it and want to deny choice to women.They don't care about supporting unwanted babies, though.They care more about fetuses then boys dying in Iraq. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Going up a woman's vagina into the uterus to chop up and destroy a developing human fetus is downright barbaric and just plain gross to say the least. This natural visceral reaction is something most people, even liberals should be able to relate to. In my case religion doesn't play a role either!

Most republicans are opposed to it.

I just find it curious that dems have no problem killing an innocent baby but will protest the killing of serial killers.

we are against it. it's a disgusting practice,

except for that idiot rudy, republicans oppose it.

They think women SHOULD NOT be able to decide about it them selves. They want to tell women what to do.