Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are you going to pay for Bush's wars?

• ArRo
    Favorite Answer

We are already paying for it! I know you mean monetarily, but the families who have lost loved ones to this terrible mistake have lost much more! How do you measure that? We owe so much to Communist China that I'm afraid they are going to "foreclose" on us! And, along with the deep, deep debt, the whole world has lost respect for us. Sickening!

Bush's war which is in the Constitution, and your:

social security

medicare

medicaid

WIC

School lunches

school funding

PBS

NPR

NEA

and a plethora of other programs designed as a quid pro quo system, a vote for a Democratic candidate in lieu of an entitlement are not.

Well, if we tried to withold payroll taxes, it won't work. The IRS would be all over us. There really is no way to stop paying for it, other than to protest by calling and writing our Congressmen.

• jxt299

We all are. The cost of the war combined with tax cuts for billionaires (they need it SOOOOOOOO much!) have combined to destroy the value of the dollar--its lower by 40 % v. the Euro. All our costs are going to go up. People who think they are financially secure, financially stable, or even prosperous, will find themselves in poverty as prices go up. Congratulations, you voted for it.

• topink

I have been paying for it: Gas is expensive as well as everything delivered using gas, and the dollar is so weak now against the Euro and even the Canadian dollar that I'm stuck to cheaper countries when I want to travel.

It is necessary! Yes, I'm willing to pay. It's either that or suffer more attacks like 9/11

• zahid

It is not fair to say "Bush's wars ,

These are US wars and FUNDED by concerned US "BODIES" ,

Now , WHY these are US wars ?

Americans have to think , THEY SHOULD FEEL THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES , they are super citizens of the world , today.

Um.... we are paying for his war now.. and for everything else he wants...

I wish I had a choice. I keep thinking about what the $$ we've spent in Iraq could have been used for in the US.

• Zardoz

No, but my children and grandchildren will pay and have a lower standard of living because of it.