Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

Where can I get a Basal Body Temp Thermometer??

Can i use any thermometer or is it only a specific one that i can use?? And i'm ovulating when? When my temperature goes up? Thank you!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Rene A
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can buy the thermometer at any drug store and even on line.

The only way to know for sure when you are ovulating is to chart your waking temperature and to observe your cervical mucus. Go buy the book: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. The book fully explains your cycle, charting and how to get pregnant. It is a great book and a must read.

Once your temp goes up you have already ovulated. To know when you have ovulated, you look for a temperture rise. A standard pattern shows the range of low temps, followed by a distinct thermal shift of at least two-tenths of a degree, followed by a consistent range of high temps that remain until the end of the cycle. Usually, once your temp drops you get your period and this starts day 1 of your next cycle.

In order to get pregnant you need fertile cervical fluid/mucus. The cervical mucus consistency varies through a woman's cycle. The consistency of your cervical mucus changes during the cycle due to hormonal fluctuations. You are considered most fertile when the mucus becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy. Many women compare mucus at this stage to raw egg whites. The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this phase where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher.

Stages of Cervical Fluid: Post Menses

Stage 1: Lasting 2 - 3 days CM is Sticky or Gummy

Stage 2: Lasting 2- 4 days: CM is Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - Beginning of your fertile period

Stage 3: Lasting 1-5 days: Egg white Cervical Fluid - At this time you are very fertile.

Stage 4: Dry, Moist or Sticky (Infertile)

Here is a more detailed description:

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/cervical-mucus.h...

http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html... - this one has pictures

• 1 decade ago

Wal mart has them. theyare not expensive. You can try charting your bbt in a web page www.fertilityfriend.com. It is very helpful and does the interpretation for you. I really recomend it, they also have a tutorial on how to do it.

• 1 decade ago

Any drug store has them. Walgreens, CVS, Medicine Shoppe, Target, Walmart.

• 1 decade ago

U have to use a specific one... they can b found at walmart target cvs walgreens... any drug store! and you are ovulating when you temp drops i believe and are prego when it goes up!

GOODLUCK

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

everyone is using this word but what does it mean?

OVULATING

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.