what can I do to fix my laptop when it says 'error loading operating systems' on my laptop?

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with Windows XP. My sister was the last one on downloading games so I'm guessing that's what caused it. I turn on my comp and it does the dell load up page and then I goes to 'error loading operating system'. I tried rebooting it and still doesn't work. How can I fix this?

Favorite Answer

iam not a computer geek but i do own dell laptop , let me give a try

once you switched on laptop contionously press f8 button then you will get in to a page where you will get an option to choose between

Windows normal mode

windows safe mode with networking

windows safe mode with command prompt and so on

Select windows safe mode

Once you entered with this ( if you can) you have to restore your windows by using restoring point option from control panel , Restore to a date previous to this problem then restart it

If you are not able to boot up this way it means your windows has crashed remove your battery put it back (remove your power cable also)

If this also doesn't turn up i think you have to format your laptop which is very easy to do with (only you need Windows installation CD or DVD)

Best of luck

• Erika

First make constructive there isn't a disc in the two the floppy or CD tension. have you ever tried pressing F8 after the BIOS flash demonstrate screen (and in the previous living house windows load) to work out in case you may get into secure mode or boot from the 'final comprehend good Configuration' If the two a form of are adverse then it is maximum possibly that for some reason your MBR (grasp Boot checklist) is corrupted. you could attempt and fix this employing the Rescue determination on your living house windows XP installation disc. in case you haven't got the XP disc you should aim and use a Linux Rescue disk. verify the 1st 2 first then submit returned if the undertaking nevertheless exists. employing the living house windows Rescue function is a splash complicated and employing the Linux truly extra so, yet the two are practicable.