According to statisticians ...?

there is a 14 million to one chance of winning the lottery... and a 1 million to one chance of being run over and killed by a bus.

So why don't more people bet on getting run over by a bus?

What do you MEAN statistics aren't always true? You've got to be kidding!

Good Lord people ... this was just meant to be light hearted and silly. While at the same time poking fun at gambling ... because the win lose ratio there is DEFINITELY a truthful statistic. Duh!

Favorite Answer

We have a joke here in Nevada that gambling is investment for the mathematically challenged.

Its the whole reason we have no state income tax! Wooo hooo!

I'm going with you to the casino though to start betting on the local "road kill".

Exclusion from squad for Irani trophy isn't justified. Ganguly ought to have been given a huge gamble in Irani Trophy, and if he performs properly, a place interior the team against Australia. yet, i won't be able to purchase that seniors ought to get carry of possibilities for 2 seasons. in the event that they are able to't carry out, they should get carry of a huge gamble or 2, and after that they should get replaced. Retiring gracefully is as much as the gamers. How long can the selectors anticipate that? an entire life? If a participant performs properly, he ought to have the skill to discover a place interior the team, if he fails back and back, somebody else ought to get carry of a huge gamble. you could no longer dangle onto the team continuously bringing up previous performances.

• maybe, just maybe, you have to consider the "event-definition"

and nobody *wants" to be run over by a bus, but a lot of people see winning the lottery as their "hope" of financial success after "battling the system of economic win/loss" over a lifetime and realizing that their odds of winning in that arena are also very, very slim

• John N

It would be a good bet!!! LOL And you'd make more money than you did in the lottery, once you sued the bus, the driver, the people who make the bus,and anyone else you can think of.

• Paulus

You are hilarious! I love your humor. I guess the only reason the lotteries are successful is that people have dreams and it's an affordable way to express their fantasy. Here is NY the slogan is "A dollar and A Dream." I have a lot of dreams and now I have a lot less dollars, LOL

• don

You are so right but I'll stick to the lottery for obvious reasons. as far as the serious people that can't see the humor in your question, i totally agree with you. I've wondered about that many times and even posted a question about it which reminds me, you never answered it!

• Wrathe

I like to call the lottery a poor fool's retirement fund...

...still working on a bus metaphor...

Thats a good one Christee....but I did know someone that won the lotery, and I never met anyone that was run over by a bus......lol

Can you give me the odds of getting hit by lightening?

Cause that is the way I have been feeling as of late......

Oh....

and as to your actual question.....

Buses have been around a longer time than the "mega" lotteries......

Either way Sweetie....either of those is pretty big odds.

Peace..

Did you know there's a .05% chance that someone hit by a bus will answer this question?