Is R&S the most difficult place to get a best answer?

Everytime I answer even the newest questions there are 20 people ahead of me with a bunch of one-liners and my answer always gets ignored.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

me too. I curse the slow connection of my broadband and my cheap $350 eMachine.

• 1 decade ago

You might spend a lot more time practicing one liners or make a log of all of the winning one liners from which to plagiarize.

You are taking this "Best Answers" too seriously. Why are you here? To give really great advice on how to fix the world? To win the adulation of entities that type and post on he Internet? What's it all about for you?

I'm here to respond to fun questions with outrageously provocative answers. Sometimes I blunder and get really sarcastic.

In the end, it's just entertainment for the indolent.

I hope this isn't a best answer. It would be much more entertaining if someone had something brilliant and provocative to say.

• wise1
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

R&S is not about best answer.

Best answer in any category isn't even about the actual best answer. If someone picks the best answer, they usually pick the answer that agrees the most with what they were thinking. In R&S questions tend to be loaded anyway.

If it comes down to a vote, those are suspect also. It sometimes seems to be church groups voting, they tend to pick highly idealized religious views and present them as God given fact, which no alternate believer could possibly trust.

When it comes down to it, I don't believe we answer R&S questions for any reward. We strive to speak the truth, to those that will hear it . Even if we don't believe that we have made any impact, does not mean that our words have not had any effect now or hereafter .

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, because usually it's a controversial question, so there's the atheists with their ignorant one-liners on the first page, the "everybody find their own truth, no right or wrong" theists on the second, and the Christians on the third, which no one bothers to read because the one-liners label them all as 'brainwashed' or 'insecure', and the second page is all about how the Bible doesn't really say anything about 'right' and 'wrong'.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's probably not ignored. There are a lot of people on this board compared to the others, so the questions are gonna have a lot of answers. I used to think the same thing, but I realized that the more questions you answer, the more likely you are to get your answers looked at and establish yourself as a regular here. :-)

• 1 decade ago

It isn't being ignored. I have answered alot of question and I have been picked probably less then a dozen times for best answers. Don't give up giving out good answers, you are helping someone whether you know it or not, they may not have picked your answer but they still read what you had to say and that is all that really counts.

• 1 decade ago

I'm sure it's not ignored.

I personally read them all and choose the best answer (on the rare occasion I ask a question) even if it disagrees with me.

Keep plugging away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I feel your pain! R&S is not a great place to get well thought out, sincere answers.

People don't feel any responsibility to one another because there is very little accountability.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No it can be quite easy based on question and answer.

Look at how well Imacatholic2 is doing!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, I wouldn't recommend writing in caps just to be noticed. I think that drives most people crazy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.