need some advice for buying a truck?

i found a 84 toyota 4runner that i am thinking about buying. it is set up well for 4 wheeling with a 7in lift and 34in mud tires. it has a strong clutch and transmission, and it has less than 4000 mi on a rebuilt engine, however the truck itself has nearly 300,000 mi on it...what should i do

• 19G30
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't touch it. To start with how do you know it has a "strong clutch and transmission"? Have you looked inside? Since it has 300,000 miles of hard use I doubt there's much life left in it. If you buy it then have the owner prove the engine mileage and show you the warranty that came with the engine. You'd be better off to buy a stock truck that's been babied then add the lift kit and tires yourself.

Why is the engine rebuilt? it is a take-heed call correct there because of the fact a million) it became into probable neglected or abused in the time of possession, so numerous different problems will probable look and a couple of) except it became into achieved by making use of the manufacturing facility, a rebuilt engine won't final as long as a sparkling one. upload to that the Dakota is an ungainly teen of a truck (too small to be useful, yet too great to be low in value) and no rely if it is definitely a 4 cylinder, it is somewhat underpowered. sidestep has the a number of worst high quality scores for vehicles. somewhat, look at something different than this truck.

The engine is the most important part of it, so if there is 4000 miles on a rebuilt engine I don't know where you could get a better one, unless the body is trashed? I would buy it!

• Jeeves

How much are they asking for it? Has it been wrecked? Most off road vehicles have been in accidents. Are you buying it to drive off road or for transportation? If you are buying it for off road and the price isn't bad, then I am good with it. I would not buy it as a daily driver. Finally, have a mechanic check it out for you.

Source(s): ask.com

if its more than 800.00 id pass by the way you explain it its been thur hell alway id pass and look for something better