Do I need to call my doctor about this-- Mirena question?

I have had the Mirena for 2 weeks, almost 3 weeks now with no problems whatsoever other than more bleeding than I'd expected.

My husband and I had intercourse 2 nights ago (not for the first time since I got the Mirena) and since then my pelvic area has been so so so sore. Very tender to the touch, walking around is painful. I had a c-section 8 weeks ago so at first I thought that's what the pain was from but I read my Mirena packet and it said that if you have pelvic pain to call the doctor.

I haven't called my doctor, but when he inserted the Mirena he told me I may have pelvic pain for the next few weeks.

So I don't know if I need to call him or if this is normal or if it is even related to the Mirena at all. Also my calves have been burning like I have shin splints, and this started at the same time of the pelvic pain so they may be related. Anyone else experience this?

Any advice??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Advice? Yes. Call the doctor. I think the type of pain the doctor was describing was more of a nagging pain, not out-and-out pain. What you are describing could be the beginning of an infection, and having just had a c-section, you want to rule out any complications there, too.

So definitely call.

• 1 decade ago

i wouldn't risk it, i had a c section and all the pain was, was a dull occasional sensation sort of like a head aches but in your abdomen it was never painful though im not sure about the shin splint pain except mabey your body is shrinking back to its original size

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Abslutely call. Why not - its 10 min of your time and you could NOT be in pain possibly..its definately worth calling about.

• 1 decade ago

I would call for sure. I was told by my OB that if you've had a c-section then you cannot get an IUD, more chance for it to puncture your uterus.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.