Do I need to call my doctor about this-- Mirena question?

I have had the Mirena for 2 weeks, almost 3 weeks now with no problems whatsoever other than more bleeding than I'd expected.

My husband and I had intercourse 2 nights ago (not for the first time since I got the Mirena) and since then my pelvic area has been so so so sore. Very tender to the touch, walking around is painful. I had a c-section 8 weeks ago so at first I thought that's what the pain was from but I read my Mirena packet and it said that if you have pelvic pain to call the doctor.

I haven't called my doctor, but when he inserted the Mirena he told me I may have pelvic pain for the next few weeks.

So I don't know if I need to call him or if this is normal or if it is even related to the Mirena at all. Also my calves have been burning like I have shin splints, and this started at the same time of the pelvic pain so they may be related. Anyone else experience this?

Any advice??

Favorite Answer

Advice? Yes. Call the doctor. I think the type of pain the doctor was describing was more of a nagging pain, not out-and-out pain. What you are describing could be the beginning of an infection, and having just had a c-section, you want to rule out any complications there, too.

So definitely call.

i wouldn't risk it, i had a c section and all the pain was, was a dull occasional sensation sort of like a head aches but in your abdomen it was never painful though im not sure about the shin splint pain except mabey your body is shrinking back to its original size

Abslutely call. Why not - its 10 min of your time and you could NOT be in pain possibly..its definately worth calling about.

I would call for sure. I was told by my OB that if you've had a c-section then you cannot get an IUD, more chance for it to puncture your uterus.