Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is There Something wrong?

i hate been short

im 18 and 5 feet

i have begun to stop going out as much

i feel self concious in everything i wear

people are always like o i thought you were 16

i think people are always thinking i'm weird cause im short

or why does she dress more grown up if shes 16

or havin 15 year old check you out is horrible

im becoming really depressed and self concious about my height

should i seek help

Favorite Answer

I'm 20 years old and 5'1". So far I've found some advantages to being short:

1) The guys love short girls... I'm not sure why, but I suppose it makes them feel bigger and stronger.

2) Looking younger means you can get away with acting like a teenager for longer.

3) You don't bump your head on low branches, low doorways, and don't have to crouch as often as other people... this means: more brain cells, healthier back, no bumps on the head!

5) You can fit into small spaces that other people can't... suckers!

6) You're just plain cute!

Being short is who you are and although it's hard to find pants the right length, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. I'm sure you'll grow to love it in time if you don't already because us shorties really have the good life.

Source(s): I'm short!

honi am 41 and 5-3 in height. There is nothign wrong with you at all. Another girl mentioned late 20s and being called young and how you will miss it. That is so true. Now I look younger in real life partly cause I am a vegetarian and I work very hard at staying healthy. But if you read my other posts you will see I have gone under the knife for breast implants. But this is for me. You need to do whats right for you. And I am sure you are beautifull just the way you are dear!

I am shorter too, although taller than you at 5'4'', but people always think im like 14, it is frustrating. I guess the best thing you can do is be confident with your body, though its hard. I know lots of short people in college and eventually you get used to being short. I also know peopel who love being short and they think of it as a little funny when people think they are younger. you could try wearing heals to make you taller, and if you are dressing appropriately it shouldnt matter what other people think, and if they say something rude, reply that your older than you look.

Also you should look to your friends for help. If they are your real friends it shouldnt matter to them how tall you are. Then you can go out with them and have a good time.

Srry if this doesnt help at all, but i hope it helps a little.

There is nothing wrong with you but if you feel that depressed about it maye you should seek help. I had a friend that ws 4 ft 7 so basically she was considered a midget but didn't look like one. It bugged her sometimes but she got over it and just laughs about it now. I felt the same because I am so tall but you are the way you are supposed to be. And I find that guys go after the shorter women LoL. Hold your head high and feel good about yourself!

• K T

Maybe you should seek help! Oh and being short is cool! I know so many short people and they rock. And your really not that short anyway. Go talk to someone you trust.

wait till you hit late 20s you will miss people asking you if you younger.

you should be proud of what u are and what u have... tall..short...young..old.. doesn't matter... cuz whats important is your attitude... don't also blame urself for being short too...