Why are WOMEN so afraid of rodents?

Im just wondering why.

IM a girl and rodents dont scare me at all

am i weird??

lol

Favorite Answer

Not all women are scared of rodents. On the contrary, if you look at who wrote the majority of rodent and exotic pet care on animals you'll find that they are women. It's also that women tend to be more dramatic when they don't like things, witch gives them the reputation for not liking rodents.

I'm a girl and I love rodents!

I'm not afraid of rodents and I'm a woman, so not ALL women are afraid of them. I wouldn't want to handle a wild rodent only because of diseases they could have, but I have chinchillas and I wouldn't mind having rats and/or mice - I think both are cute. I think some people (women AND men) don't like rodents because of how fast they can move and the idea of them scurrying up their pant legs can frighten some people - I know this is why my mom at least doesn't like rodents. Everyone has different fears and sometimes there's just no real reason why.

I'm a girl and I've had a variety of rodents. Mice,Guinea Pigs, Rats, Hamsters,Gerbils. I currently have 8 rats that live here permanently and 7 babies that will be going up for adoption on the 22nd as well as 2 female guinea pigs that live her permanently.

dont fuss about it there r loads of men out there that r afraid of rodents! its just cuz men think that there hard and not scared of anything where as women say what they feel! i love rodents and im a women. nd i guess women care about hygene more and dont like touching roudents because some people think all roadents r dirty.

hope ive helped

Lol nope. You're not weird. I like rodents too! I am 21 now though and I didnt even realize how awesome they were til a couple of months ago when I got my first hamster. =D

Now I am planning on getting 2 gerbils and I would like a rat but my boyfriend would flip out. lol. He already doesnt want me to get the gerbils but I told him too bad!!

So I dont think that you are weird at all!

Some girls freak out about rodents! I like my hamsters,guinea pigs are cool and sometimes rats can be really cute and mice can be cute. The things that rodents do can be creepy, sometimes they attack viciously and eat their babies. That part I DO NOT like.

I've never had a problem with any girls I know being scared of my rats, but ALOT of the guys I know hate them. Some preposterous idea of men vs. "vermin". (Pfft, vermin. My boys are way better than someones smelly old cat.) Whenever I ask people what really bothers them about it, they usually say that they think the tail is gross. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Oh well, their loss!

thats pretty much sterio typing. i mean im not afraid of rodents,

i have 3 rats, one hairless

i have chinchillas

i haave had hamsters

gerbils

degu

ferret

etc

i don't think your weird, there are men who don't like rodents, it just depends on the person.

that i don't know, i have a hamster. i'm not afraid anymore but i was only afraid that it was going to bite me. but it's not only women, my dad says i have a "rat" he won't touch it. I don't consider hamsters as rats!!!! that's probably what they think.