Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians, when YHVH (Yahweh) asks how you could believe he'd be so evil to send anybody to eternal torment?

...what will you say?

Favorite Answer

I would say "because you told us that in your Bible." Matthew 10:28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

When YHVH was a common name for god, reincarnation and the law of life (karma) was common knowledge. Purgatory (place of purification) was changed to eternal damnation by the fear mongering early church founders. It began with Euseibius and Dioclese and Justin Martyr and Jerome, but emperor Constantine put the effort into full drive.

I will say I told them the truth from the bible but they did not listen.

Psalms 146:4 - "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish."

Ecclesiastes 9:5 - "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten."

Ezekiel 18:4 - "Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul that is sinning—it itself will die."

I told them when they die, their just dead. No torment, no eternal suffering...

They just did not listen...

Journey Well...

• Alex

Jehovah is the Almighty God. “Jehovah” is translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, הוהי, which means “He Causes to Become.”

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040122/article_01.ht...

The word “hell” is translated from the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the Greek word “Hades.” Hell is the common grave of the humankind. There is where all people go: wicked and upright.

"Wicked people will turn back to Sheol [hell],

Even all the nations forgetting God." -- Psalm 9:17

"O that in Sheol you would conceal me,

That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,

That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!." -- Job 14:13 (Job's words)

Jehovah disagreed with what the sons of Judah did:

"They have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart." -- Jeremiah 7:31

Sending people to be tortured in hell it is not compatible with God's personality.

"God is love..." -- 1 John 4:16

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020715/article_01.ht...

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020715/article_02.ht...

I don't think God would ask ME. But, if another human being did, I would say that God didn't send you there, you sent yourself. However, I don't have the conceit to think that I know all of the answers to the mysteries of the universe or life after death, it's just my opinion.

I don't anticipate being questioned by any non-existant being.

Get used to it, there is no reward or punishment awaiting you after death. You heaven and/or your hell are right here right now. When you die, you die, just like your dog, your cat or your canary!

Oh! Sorry. The question was aimed at Christians. Oh well, that's my answer anyway!

'You don't send anyone there, You are in Your kingdom waiting for us to come to You. We have to actually make it there instead of taking the easy road out'

And then I would hug Him and join everyone else :) hopfully

I'll say...Oops...the atheists needed a place to go and I couldn't think of anything better...

Uh, he hasn't asked me that.

"Who is Yahweh?"

"Why are you talking to ME?"

"Hello."

"What?"

"Can you repeat that?"

"Sorry but I don't know who you are."