What is the most polite excuse if you dont wanna give your phone number to a guy?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many schools of politeness.

1. the truth. I'm so terribly sorry, but I only give my number to people I know well.

2. The nice lie Why don't you give me yours, instead and I'll call you. (this works because only the most dense people don't get it.)

3. The blunt approach. = I don't think so.

4. The pretty truth. Why thank you for asking. I am so flattered, but I think that's a bit forward and I'm not that kind of girl. (baffle him with bull)

5.The convenient lie - I'm sorry, but (somenoe else - my parents, etc) pay the bill and are very funny about who has this number.

6. What you're thinking? _No way, loser. :)

• 1 decade ago

Just say you are sorry but you would rather not give out your number. Anybody who asks knows there is the chance the person will say no.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just tell him that even though you're flattered, it's your general policy not to give out your number. That way it's not personal, it's just how you roll :D

• Lucy B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

well u could give hima fake number

tell him u have a boyfriend

have no phone

cant remember the number

or just say no thank you and walk off

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Memorize the number for a laundrymat, give that to him, he will most likely just think that he dialed it wrong.

• 1 decade ago

Ask him to give you his instead.This puts you in control.Then when you don't call,he will get the message

• miggy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

just say "sorry i don't give out my number"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

give him a made up no

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tell him you'd rather he gave you his.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.