Sarah B asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

um ladies help please!?

ok so i just got my period for the first time ever. i dont know how to break it too my mom. i know i should feel open to her but im just a little wimp ;) i dont know what to say or how to say it without her being all happy and embarrasing!

thanks everybody, i really appreciate it :)

Favorite Answer

Hey I'm a wimp too. The best way is when you two are alone, then you just gotta gather your courage and tell her.

I have heard different ways to say it, "I am a woman now", I just got my period. I dunno you kinda have to say what you want. And unfortunately moms are embarassing no matter what, but you could ask her to try not to make it a big deal. Chances are she might already know if you have had it for a day or so, because you have to change the sanitary napkin or tampon. It is a little akward getting it the first time, but eventually its not really a big deal anymore.

Hope this help a little at least.

Trust me go tell your mom. In my fathers country of Japan there is a custom were when the girl gets her first period they serve a special bean with a red dot. Thats how the father knows his daughter becomes a woman. However a freind of mine had her mother serve this bean at a family gathering so the whole damn clan knew. Now thats humiliating, so there are worse things than saying mom we need to talk in private please.

I wouldn't worry about hun. It's your mother and she has been through the same thing. It might get her a little teary eyed because her little girl is becoming a young woman but she will be fine. I had to tell my mom as soon as I did because I was at school and had to come home. We had the "talk" and it was alittle awkard and then it was all over. Everything will be fine I promise!

just tell her, she'll understand why you were nervous because shes a woman and she started her period for the first time once upon a time

OMG! I just asked the same question. I really need help on this, too.

Just go to her and let her know that you need to talk to her. And tell her what's on your mind!

sayhey mom guess what i got my period!!

whatever you do say make sure your alone

Source(s): me!

lol i know its scary...i wrote her a note. That was a lot easier then actually telling her.