Should I list my college Minor on my resume?

I minored in a subject somewhat relevant to my career. I'm applying for a position with 1-3 years of experience.

My minor was in Psychology but my career is not in Psychology

Favorite Answer

Yes,but only if it is more than "somewhat relevant".

I have 2 feet but that is not somewhat relevant if I'm applying for a job as a long distance runner.

You will also need proof of the1-3 years experience they are requesting of new applicants.

A school librarian can point out a good resume writing book to you.

• haslam

relies upon. you need to have various variations of your resume which you will tweak for the particular job establishing or business enterprise. in case you're a modern college graduate, in many cases it can be a superb thought to record it. you certainly opt to record it if it is correct to this style of artwork you're using for (e.g. a job in international business enterprise and your minor grew to become into in Spanish or Mandarin chinese language). If it is thoroughly unrelated to this style of business enterprise or job you're using for you may go away it off. yet usually, in case you're interior of four or 5 years out of faculty, i could say have it on your resume.

You should absolutely list your minor, even if it doesn't apply directly to the job. It shows that you are well-rounded and willing to go the extra mile.