Is it dangerous to sleep in room with ADSL wireless router turned on?

there is ADSL wireless router in my bedroom so is it dangerous to sleep with this radiation around?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's take a common sense and logical approach here.

We live on a planet orbiting a star system in a galaxy where everywhere there is background radiation. That radiation is in all spectrums, including X-Rays, beta rays, and gamma rays, all of which are deadly if lethal doses are absorbed by living tissue. Even if there was zero technology on this little planet, we would be surrounded by this radiation. So, the real question is "Does the radiation from my wifi router significantly increase the radiation from the Sun and the galaxy?". The answer is not just "No", but "Hell no".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The actual radiation levels on routers and wireless cards are minimal compared to cell phones, look at the limited range they cover. The frequencies are also safer. The warning on early talking suitcase cell phones, which had far more power than current ones was to keep at least 1 metre from the mast. (their handset cables were only about half that length) Even if you slept with it under your pillow there is little risk, although I would not advise this.

• 1 decade ago

No. The radiating that it emits (if any) is too small if not negligible to cause harm to humans. The same way with our cellphones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.