what are vegetarian "sushi" rolls called?

they have a cream cheese base and contain no actual fish.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Maki" refers to roll, albeit any roll. But Kappa maki are specifically Japanese cucumber roll.

In regards to your question, usually veg rolls are unique to the specific Japanese restaurant you visit. The names may differ from restaurant to restaurant and they are usually "in house" creations.

There are lots of varieties of veg rolls: cream cheese cucumber rolls, some contain avocado. I have had veg tempura rolls, carrot and cucumber rolls, bell pepper rolls, shiitake rolls....basically any vegetable can be made into a sushi roll by a creative sushi chef.

• 1 decade ago

There is no special name in Japanese for vegetarian sushi rolls. The word 'maki' means 'roll' in Japanese.

There are several maki with cream cheese available in America, but they are a Western invention. Often, rolls with cream cheese and smoked salmon or cream cheese and asparagus are popular. But because they are a recent Western invention, there are no 'standards' or well-known, universal rolls with Japanese names that you can refer to.

• read
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The word is used for expressing a concern while some one is "guffawing Uncontrollably".there have been (and could continually be) particularly some activities once I even have achieved this,somewhat while examining a humorous e book or on listening to a staggering comedian tale properly informed or introduced..A keen sense of humor coupled with the skill to verify and comprehend the humor in a concern or a given condition will enable one to have the excellent perspectives in existence.For this one ought to learn how to chortle at oneself devoid of any reserve or reservation.on no account take jokes too individually.guffawing Heartily will enhance ones existence span by making use of many years.This has been medically wide-unfold. Have an afternoon finished of Laughter.

• 4 years ago

Sushi Names In Japanese

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Kakiage Maki crispy vegetables roll with Japanese bread crumb

• jim w
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

California rolls

• 4 years ago

You require both for your daily intake i wood point out just as good as one another. Granta

• 4 years ago

Will depend on the context really. Which is better as a snack - fruits personally. It's tastier and gives you that little bit of sweetness. Which can be better as a snack if you are trying hard to slice back on sugar and lose weight vegetables

• 1 decade ago

I think you are referring to "maki".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.