Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Charmed Life series by Diana Wynne Jones?

I read on another Yahoo! Answers that this series is similar to Harry Potter (and I absolutely love H.P), and I was wondering:

- How many books are in the series?

- What are the titles of the books?

- Your opinion on the series?

I am still looking it up online, but as I dont know what I am really looking for, its pretty difficult.

Please help.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Actually, Charmed Life is one of the books in the series The Chronicles of Chrestomanci. The series begins with Charmed Life, then comes The Lives of Christopher Chant, The Magicians of Caprona, Witch Week, Mixed Magics, Conrad's Fate, and last comes The Pinhoe Egg. These are amazing books, I truly love them. The only one I haven't got is Mixed Magics, and that's because it's really hard to get ahold of these days. I'm waiting for when they reprint it. I really suggest these, you'll have a wonderful time reading them, especially if you like Harry Potter.

Diana Wynne Jones wrote the So You Want to Be a Wizard series before Harry Potter books came out. She is a good writer.

Charmed Life, the first book in the Chrestomanci series, won the 1977 Guardian Award for Children’s Books. Jones was runner-up for the Children’s Book Award in 1981, and was twice runner-up for the Carnegie Medal. In 1999, she won two major fantasy awards: the children’s section of the Mythopoeic Awards in the USA, and the Karl Edward Wagner Award in the UK, which is awarded by the British Fantasy Society to individuals or organisations who have made a significant impact on fantasy.