Chemical peel question?

Hi everyone.

I used a drugstore brand (Acne free spot treatment) on-the-spot treatment on the whole right side of my face to clear up a few blemishes I had. After I used this product three times in a row, I noticed the skin of my cheek was VERY dry. In fact, so dry that within a few days I could peel the dead skin off the side of my cheek. This freaked me out so I stopped using the spot treatment...until I noticed that after the dead skin peeled, my face looked SO MUCH BETTER! It seemed to have worked as a chemical peel. So my question is, can I use this product again on other spots of my face that have some scars?? I've gotten microdermabrasions and chemical peels before...and they cost me more then I can afford. Is it okay for me to use this as a substitute?

Favorite Answer

maybe not because you don't know if this is a safe treatment to be using this intensly so i would hold off and talk to a dermatologist because you wouldn't want to harm your face permenantly

i'd use it and after you use it to peel the scars off yoru face, make sure you use an oil-free moistruzier. and use a facial mask once a week using avadcados, tea tree oil, and rosemary. it makes ur skin really healthy

If you're using it as a spo treatment then sure why not...it's obviously FDA approved. If it's helping your skin then go for it.