Chemical peel question?

Hi everyone.

I used a drugstore brand (Acne free spot treatment) on-the-spot treatment on the whole right side of my face to clear up a few blemishes I had. After I used this product three times in a row, I noticed the skin of my cheek was VERY dry. In fact, so dry that within a few days I could peel the dead skin off the side of my cheek. This freaked me out so I stopped using the spot treatment...until I noticed that after the dead skin peeled, my face looked SO MUCH BETTER! It seemed to have worked as a chemical peel. So my question is, can I use this product again on other spots of my face that have some scars?? I've gotten microdermabrasions and chemical peels before...and they cost me more then I can afford. Is it okay for me to use this as a substitute?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe not because you don't know if this is a safe treatment to be using this intensly so i would hold off and talk to a dermatologist because you wouldn't want to harm your face permenantly

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i'd use it and after you use it to peel the scars off yoru face, make sure you use an oil-free moistruzier. and use a facial mask once a week using avadcados, tea tree oil, and rosemary. it makes ur skin really healthy

• 1 decade ago

If you're using it as a spo treatment then sure why not...it's obviously FDA approved. If it's helping your skin then go for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.