Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

if you do not concieve right away does it mean problems? how long did it take you?

ello. ttc for 4 months now, still no luck. does this sort of mean you will prob have some problems? not that i will never fall pregnant but is it a sign? how long did it take you? thankyou.

Favorite Answer

I get pregnant right away (with both of mine) however before you qualify for medical help you have to have been trying for over a year and to qualify for envitro or other such options under most insurances you have to have been trying with a doctors help for two years.

If you stress to much about it your body will be less likely to get pregnant, researches have found that around half of the couples who adopt because they can not get pregnant, normally get pregnant with in the first year of adopting, so take it slow and just wait for the timing to be right, when you go in you can talk to your doctor about getting checked and what your options are.

Wishing you luck!

Every woman's body is different. Also you could be trying too hard. If you slow down and just have fun having sex instead of gotta do the duty then it will be more likely to happen. If depending on what b/c you were on (if any) and how long you were on it can have an effect on things. It can take up to two years after coming off b/c (that's the max and that's from the Depo shot).

Doctors won't usually start looking at infertility till you have been ttc for a year.

Source(s): perfect book.... taking charge of your fertility www.tcoyf.com

Well if you were on birth control, it may take a few months to wear off. And you have to keep in mind that it takes a million and one things to go right to become pregnant, it is quite the process. What we did was have sex right after my period, for the 2 week period right after, because that's when most women ovulate, the 14th day of their cycle. You could always get an ovulation kit and this will tell you when you ovulate. Good Luck, sometimes when you stop thinking about it so much and just go with the flow, it happens.

I was on bc for 11 years, and I got pregnant the third month I was off of it. My doctor told me not to expect anything in the first three months becaose it can take time for your body to adjust. He also said not to get concerned or come back in unless we did not get pregnant in a year. My best advice is to relax and enjoy the process. We were not really even trying yet, we just didn't use any protection. I guess we just got lucky.

Source(s): 28 wks tomarrow

my advice is continue to try and have fn doing it. my hubby and i tried for a year and then i went to the dr. he then had us do some test and all came back ok except for the fact that i may have endometriosis. well, had surgery and i did. they removed it and we tried again and still unsucessfull. i then went to a fertility specialist and did fertility treatments and had an ectopic and 2 miscariiges. we ttc from our honeymoon in 1999. and well here i am 8 years later pregnant without the use of fertility when they told me that was the only way. good luck.

I came off the pill and it took about 7 months but I miscarried then it took another 7 months to get pregnant again - i'm now 12 weeks

This may be a little tmi, but my when we wanted a baby, we were trying too much... Every other day starting about ten days after your period begins for a week and a half was my doctor's reccommendation, and we got pregnant the next month.

• Jenny

It can take an average healthy couple with well-timed intercourse 6 - 12 months to conceive. There is only a 20 - 25% chance each month that you will conceive!

Have you tried using ovulation predictor kits or charting your temperature to determine when ovulation is taking place?

• Peachy

With my first one I got pregnant after the first month of trying. With my two m/c last year it took about 5 months for the first one and 2 months for the second. This pregnancy took me 2 months. My best friend tried for almost 2 years before she got pregnant.

Please don't get stressed out while trying, just enjoy it!!

4 months is not long at all. it takes most couple at lest a year. it took me 4 years with my daughter and she is now 18 months. i'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and it took us 5 months