Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how can i bake cookies so they can have light bottoms i hate golden brown cookies?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

use an insulated baking tray, and watch your timing very closely. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Since the majority of the heat in your oven comes from underneath, I have found it helpful to adjust the shelves close together and place another cookie sheet on a lower shelf just underneath the shelf where your cookies are. This absorbs the radient heat from the lower heating element and allows it to heat the upper tray more slowly and evenly. You can also line the lower shelf with heavy aluminum foil to get the same effect.

Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Put another cookie sheet under the cookie sheet.

Line the top cookie sheet with parchment.

An air space keeps the cookie sheet cooler. No burned bottoms.

- chef instructor

• 1 decade ago

Line the cookie sheet with Parchment paper and keep an eye on them =)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get a cookie sheet that has an insulated bottom.Then the bottom of you cookies won't get as brown. Wal-mart has them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um, it's pretty simple.

If you have a convection oven, you put the cookies in for about a minute and a half less than the recipe tells you.

yummy♥

• 1 decade ago

double up your cookie sheets. also cookies are usualy quite high in fat and therefore continue to cook after removing from oven. i allways remove cookies from oven just before they look done. as well place your oven rack a little higher in the oven.

• 1 decade ago

lower the temp in the over, cook them a little less and dont use a dark baking sheet (use glass or a light color or baking stone).

• 1 decade ago

Don't cook them for very long. Maybe a little less than it says in the recipe

• 1 decade ago

use lots of butter or pam on your cookie sheet, hopes that helps. good question!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.