Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Should Meldrick Taylor be in the Hall of Fame?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no! the first Chavez fight took too much out of him, even if he won the fight (he should have). after that, he was a shot fighter.

• 1 decade ago

Hell no! Buddy McGirt is the only good fighter he ever beat. Terry Norris beat him and Chavez beat him.Taylor is kind of like Fernando Vargas in that he got a career ending *** whuppin by a real hall of famer. He was also like Vargas in that he got in there with a monster a little too young. Even if he would have gotten the decision vs Chavez his career would have still pretty much been over after that night.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well he definitely has a chance to be in the hall of fame. Not sure if he will make it though. Ray boom boom Mancini is another good boxer like Taylor who might not make the hall of fame, or at least not anytime soon.

• 1 decade ago

I would have to lean towards saying no. If he would have defeated Chavez, I think a lot would have been different about his career. But even though he did win a world title after that, his career was never as good as it probably should have been.

I think the only way he gets in is if they somehow induct the entire 1984 US Olympic team (Taylor, Pernell Whitaker, Mark Breland, Evander Holyfield, Tyrell Biggs, et al).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, because he lost his bigest fights Chavez, Norris and

also continued to fight up until 2005 I believe which just

amount to a lot of losses to fighters he would have beat

in his prime. The answer is NO.

• 1 decade ago

well he did win a gold medal & two world titles at two weights, however as good as he was up to & including the first chavez fight,he slid fast after that -- so i don't know...probably not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.