Bird cooking question...?

What are some favorite ways to prepare Cornish game hens? Seasoning? My mouth is watering! Thanks for your time!

Good grief. I asked a simple cooking question. I don't need to be told to put it in my mouth. It's pretty sad when you have to thank people for respectable answers! (Thank you for the respectable answers.)

Favorite Answer

I like to season lightly with salt and pepper and then smear with apricot jam. When they are almost done cooking, I smear them again with more jam and sprinkle with some mandarin orange segments. It's not fancy, but simple as can be. Sooooo good....

Rubbing the little suckers down with olive oil and rubbing them in and out with fresh rosemary, garlic, sea salt and fresh thyme is very yummy too.

If you have a large, open roasting pan, this is also a good one: Slice up a large red onion, two potatoes, two yams, a couple carrots and an acorn squash. (cut the squash in half, remove seeds, and then slice it into wedges with the peel left on). Toss all the veggies in a bag with some olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and rosemary and shake the bag around to coat. Dump the veggies in the roasting pan and then coat the hens with the same olive oil and seasonings. Place the birds on the veggies and bake at 375 covered tightly with foil for about half an hour, then remove the foil and bake until done. The veggies will be soft the colors will look beautiful on the plates under each hen.

Put them in a large Ziploc bag with two or three cups of plain live yoghurt, plus garlic and whatever herbs & spices you like...let them little hens marinate in the yoghurt for at least four hours, then roast/bake them based on weight. The yoghurt makes the meat even creamier, and the spices flavour penetrate the meat.

Bon appetit!

just salt and pepper them and put them in the oven...

i put them in the oven over a pile of blanched potatos, carrots and raw onions

put something in your mouth and let it buss

suck on a lolly pop keep yourself occupied