Does the Virgin Movile wild card use a SIM card?

My carrier is cingular or AT&T. I would like the virgin mobile wild card but can i get it without switching carriers?

Favorite Answer

No. Virgin Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). They use the Sprint network for services which is based on the CDMA technology. AT&T uses GSM which is incompatible with CDMA. Sorry, but it won't work.

EDIT: I should note this is for US services only. In the UK I beleive Virgin Mobile uses the T-Mobile network which is based on the GSM platform.

No, the Kyocera Wild Card is a CDMA phone, not a GSM, as used by Cingular.

There is no Sim card. You either use it on Virgin Mobile or you find the equivalent phone on another CDMA network such as US Cellular, Verizon, or Alltel.

The model is also known as the Kyocera M 1000. If another CDMA network uses it, probably under that name.

If you use it on Virgin Mobile, you essentially use the Sprint network without roaming. Not as complete coverage as ATT and others. Many different rate plans with no contract.

I use the Wildcard's predecessor, the Switch back, on Virgin. Find it excellent for phone, web surfing, email and texting.

Fred