B D asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Hair Thinning From braids. Please Help?

Ok i am a 22 yr old african-american male. I had braids for two years. and i didnt really take care of my hair, cuz i didnt know anything bout hair and that blow drying, heat and whatnot damages it. But anyway, i noticed that the braids started taking my hair out in the front, so i cut it all off, and i thought that it would start growin normal once i cut it. But its been a year and its still thin. And i know im not going bald yet, im like 98% sure of that. But does any body have any suggestions, products (good products), or home remedies, etc.. they can give me. I would very much appreciate it.

P.S. ive tried dr miracles and doo gro still no luck

Favorite Answer

That's probably just the way your hair is...some men start to thin as teenagers...just take care of it and see if it recovers...there are no magic potions....

I've seen this before and your hair just needs a rest. Try washing it every day to increase volume and use a creamy conditioner that you leave on a few minutes. Also, a leave in conditioner works but tends to dry your hair out so couple it with a hair moisturizer and brush frequently. The friction generates blood circulation which promotes healthy hair to grow.