Laptop Battery?

Somebody told me that it is better to run my laptop when connected to an electrical outlet, that the battery lasts longer this way. Is that true?

Please show reputable sources.

I asked for sources!

• vovo
    Favorite Answer

Your puter will work just as well when powered by the battery as A/C outlet. The thing you need to remember is this..

When running your laptop with the A/C adapter for long periods of time..Remove ur battery from the laptop after you have it fully charged~ Do remember to use your battery from time to time and, when doing do, run it down to 10% charge..Then, recharge it back to 100%. If you are going to be on the puter for a long period of time, plug in the A/C adapter but, remove the battery from the laptop~Failure to do so will only result in a much shorten life for your battey and, over a period of time will KILL IT~! How long will it last?> Depends on how well you take care of it..

Really, all of this routine just ensure that your battery will be there when you need it and, that you get the fullest capacity out of it.

Source(s): My personal and professional experiences: Almost 50 yrs as in Ham Radio and, 40 yrs in the US Space Program~

I sent the same question to the tech people at DELL. They said that there's no harm in keeping my laptop connected to an electrical outlet. The battery will not be overcharged. Laptops were made to be used ON THE GO, if they weren't why buy one...get a desktop instead...right? Laptop batteries usually have a life expectancy of 3 years with no problems...but with any rechargeable battery it will lose it's charge capacity over time...that's life!

yes its true . when you connect your lapton to an electrical outlet ,battery charge !

yes but you should discharge and fully charge the batery every couple months if you constantly leave it charged it will die but i wouldnt wory about it most of them are universal if it burns out just get a new one

Source(s): bryank Experience