Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

is the orthodontic appliance that brings the lower jaw forwards called a herbst ?

i know i hav 2 get an appliance that brings my jaw forwards, but duz any1 know if its a herbst appliance ?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, it is called the herbst. I am getting one and I'm scared.

    Source(s): My dentist
  • 5 years ago

    If you've got those elastics on both sides, then yes, it's pulling your jaw forward. If not, then he's pulling your lower jaw to the side so the lines between your top middle and bottom middle teeth line up. It won't ever be as effective as the herbst appliance, but you should notice some difference. Continue to ask your orthodontist about recieving the herbst appliance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.