What is your favorite part about GLBT culture?

Be it the rainbow flag , a committee, or anything... What really makes you appreciate the GLBT culture or being GLBT and explain this thing touches you?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I like the kinship I often feel whenever I see those rainbow flags on car bumpers or when I go out somewhere (store, restaurant, medical facility...) the person helping me out is gay and it's clear. It's like an unspoken brotherhood/sisterhood. I always stand up for fellow gays and lesbians whenever I see someone harrassing them. Sometimes other gays/lesbians will wave and beep on the road when they see other gay people driving around. It's just a different comfort level and it's just really nice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being Absolutely Fabulous And Gorgeous 24/7

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The way of existence and persons? properly confident that and that i'm diverse yet nevertheless popular. i do no longer purely like the shortcoming of rights that we've. If my lady pal is interior the scientific institution i choose to pass to her and have the skill to tug the plug if she turns right into a vegetable or close and vice versa. With social protection if I died the following day she'd get her stuff, yet no longer mine. If we've been married she'd get mine too. Stuff like that. Oh for absolutely everyone who's involved, the detest crime invoice develop into signed final night.

• 1 decade ago

The thing I like about other LGBT people is that I know I don't have to wonder whether they have some immediate hatred of me because of my sexuality. It's nice to go to a gay pub and feel that you belong - especially since most of us grow up feeling we don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I love women's music and especially the Wichigan Womyn's Music festival in August, I've gone for many years, it's one week when I can be who I am and walk under the stars without fear

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just meeting fellow LGBT's, especially in real life, and I don't mean at clubs either, but at everyday locations.

Or seeing two guys or two girls in a loving relationship, completely isolated from the discrimination around them.

• Dan21
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I enjoy the poetry and really any art form. We seem to be more expressive and emotion is just laced in every bit of it. I'm not saying heterosexuals can't do just as good or better I'm just saying that they don't seem to be as open with it as we are.

• 1 decade ago

Well... my favorite part would have to be the rainbow because it leads to a pot of gold!

• 1 decade ago

sometimes i like being part of a subculture if it makes any sense at all its almost like sharing a secret among friends

• The Men, especially in regards to how they touche me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.