Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Survey :jesus was only a fictional character : agree/disagree?

Favorite Answer

I disagree.

I would also like to cast a proxy vote for the 2 billion Christians in the world who believe that Jesus was not only a real person but, more importantly, God become man.

With love in Christ.

Source(s): During this season of Advent when all of Christendom looks back to the first coming of Christ at Bethlehem and looks to the future when Christ will come again, I add my voice: "O come, O come, Emmanuel!"

Disagree

I think there was a historic guy who was Jesus the Christ However, the legend may be like that or Robin the Hood. It is know that there were very many Robins - and the stories have got fused together to produce the legend that is Robin Hood. It is known that there were very many roaming preachers and prophets at about 2000 years ago in that area of the middle east.

Even if he existed, it does not mean he was anything supernatural.

Oh and by the way - he (or someone like him) is also mentioned in Hindu texts and roman information.

It's very likely that he was fictional, or, at very least, exaggerated in order to fulfill Old Testament prophecies. But, the similarities to other gods, prophets, and messiahs of other religions kind of make it that the full reality of such a person existing in reality 2000 years ago, as described by earlier mythologies, unlikely.

I find it strange that as a Pagan I often defened the exist of Jesus but here I go agin. Yes there are Roman records of him. The Romans were very good record keepers. There is even a note on how much the cross cost.

I think the character of Jesus was based on a person or persons that were alive at the time but obviously a lot of the story is fabricated.

Fictional.

Likely there was a political-religious figure, who did go about preaching a different way of life, a different belief set, who was a great nsurrectionist and of high charisma who had many followers. he may have even been a demi god - no proof of that one way or the other.

But is he the guy they talk about in the bible? Nope - I think the bible is at the very least a misinterpretation of his words, practices and beliefs.

Disagree,

I would also say nearly 2 billion Christians & 1.5 billion Muslims would disagree. (this is more than 50% of world population)

Agree.