Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Enlisting.?

I want to enlist in the Marines, I always have. But I know that they don't have medical services, they go through the Navy. I want to enlist in something like Infantry, but I also want to use my experience/training as a paramedic in my MOS. I keep trying to look into a Combat Medic kind of thing, but I can't find any MOS in any of the branches.

Would a Navy Corpsman or a 68W be more likely to see combat?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want medical and excitement ARMY COMBAT MEDIC with Airborne or Ranger option is the way to go!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Join the Navy and become a hospital corpsman . Request to go with the marines . Not many people want that so you ll have no problem . After your 3 months of boot camp , you ll go to 3 more months of HM school , then 3months of FMF school which is where they train you in the marines stuff and Emergency medicine . Then you ll be attached to a marine unit . Try going to the 1st marines division , that the California one , Its desert and jungle training , you'll go to japan for the jungle training . That's what I did anyways . I went to war twice with 2/1 . Nasayria and Fallujah . I'm no bad *** , but I was basically a marine with a medic bag , I had to kill and preserve the life of my marines . Its something I don't regret and miss very much .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Navy corpsmen assigned to infantry company's are guaranteed they will go where the combatants go. I believe in today's Marine Corps, the Corpsmen are issued side arms, to protect themselves. This wasn't always the case, but the insurgents seek out our medics because they are easier targets than a fully armed Marine infantryman.

The training you receive as a Navy Corpsman is equivalent to an associates degree in nursing and is ample qualification for paramedics.

• 1 decade ago

Navy Corpsman can volunteer for FMF (Fleet Marine Force). You train with Marines and go into combat with them.

Source(s): US Navy Recruiter, 11.5 years of service
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to join the Army and use your medical experience as a paramedic to become a Special Forces medic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

join the navy and sit on a ship,dont join the marines and lay in a coffin

• 1 decade ago

Join the Army and go into Aviation, become a medic. You will be thrilled! But thats just me!

Source(s): US ARMY AVIATION
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

...you gaotta talk to a recruiter-Marines first then the Navy..."ONLY"-forget the infantry thing.You'll figure it out....and make sure you get the MOST for ur time.Good luck and God bless-Merry Christmas...

• 1 decade ago

go navy corpsman

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dont enlist, war is bad!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.