Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

i cant choose, which is better laptop? help?

Sony $729.00

Intel Core 2 Duo T5250

• 160GB hard drive

• 1GB of DDR2 memory

or

HP $649.00

• Intel Pentium Dual Core T2330

• 120GB hard drive

• 2GB of DDR2 memory

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

will, if price not a big deal, then i'd go for the SONY.

Why?

1- the CPU on sony is better and faster, which will give a sleek performance

2- due to the older CPU on HP (you didnt mention waht model of HP), i think that the memory might be slower (as of 533MHz), unlike the newer SONY (which might be 667MHz)

3- even if the memory is larger in HP, you can always buy extra memory for the SONY

4- dont forget in SONY the hard drive is bigger

• 1 decade ago

id take HP $649.00

• Intel Pentium Dual Core T2330

• 120GB hard drive

• 2GB of DDR2 memory

• 1 decade ago

go in for the sony if price is not a hindrance to u

bcoz core 2 duo is a better technology compared to pentium dual core

the sony one also has a better hard drive

the hp one has more memory, but u can always upgrade the sony to 2gb ram. but note that once u buy a laptop, upgrading the processor is NOT AN EASY JOB, so i would recommend the sony

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go for Core 2 Duo, whihc is more powerful than Duel Core.

Yes, 2GB RAM is an advantage. but u can add memory any time later if reuiqred. but its almost not possible to yupgrade the Processor.

So in my opinion, Sony : Core 2 Duo is more powerful n future proof.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I've got an HP Pavilion that the battery is only lasting 20 min. on after using for about 10 months. Beware. Tried "recalibrating" according to manual - didn't do squat.

• soren
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The HP is better...but if youre willing to spend 720 on the sony you can even get a BETTER hp....2GB memory makes huge diff~

• The Sony has a larger hard drive but the hp runs nicer...so it depends what your gonna do with it. GOOD LUCK!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would get the HP because it has more memory which would b good for school or work, and the hard-drive may b a little lower but that's ok!!!!!! GO 4 THE HP!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the HP by far. vaio is nothing but problems. as for the difference in hd space, an upgraded hd is very cheap these days that its hardly an issue. get the HP

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HP laptops rock, they are the best and that would be the best choice, I just wish they would come out with a pink one too!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.