is there such a thing as having or getting too much education?

why or why not. And, is there still such a thing called being overqualified for a job?

• mJc
    Favorite Answer

If someone continues to pursue many college degrees without ever applying that learned knowledge toward a productive life with purpose (career, research, etc.), then, yes, there is such a thing of getting too much education.

We all continue (at least we should) to become more educated as we go through life - but professional students at some time need to stop attending college. And, yes, one can be overqualified for a job depending on the job skills and qualifications need to perform the tasks.

Well, everything you do, are or have is defined by the people you meet or are with. So of course, you can be too much educated, or overqualified for a job. Let's say youa philosophy doctor and you apply to teach kids in the kindergarten. You're obviously overqualified. the example is not that good (since you need a particular education to teach kindergarten kids), but maybe you see what I mean.

I don't think so. education is endless like an ocean and no one has ever put and finish line on it, unless you say to your self "it is enough", that is because you are tired or for whatever reason.

I have never heard of "overqualified." I believe it is a term made by little mind arrogant people who know little but try to make themselves very much bigger than what they really are.

Is this homework? And if not, why is it worded like it is?

No, you can never have too much education and yes you can still be overqualified. I haven't had my coffee yet. I'm not in the mood to explain my reasoning.

no there isn't.. the mind can always expand to learn more. but you can be overqualified for a job.