Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do Christians celebrate Pagan holidays and why?

Do Christians celebrate Pagan holidays?

Christ was not born in December. (easier to covert pagans if he was born in December because of the winter solace?)

(Christmas tree was a tree pagans worshiped and a priest cut it down and put it in a church to rot till after the physical yr, to make them covert and see the errors of there ways) was the priest a jerk?)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

mmm... winter solstice.... and yes... and Easter falls under the same category... it's to celebrate spring equinox.... and I am pretty sure it was to make it easier for the pagans to convert... "you still get your holidays... see... it won't be that bad..."

Source(s): militant agnostic
  • 1 decade ago

OK, there is a question like this almost everyday. Why do Christians worry about it. These holidays are met to celebrate your faith what dose it matter if 1000 years ago someone wanted to convert a group of people, its the thought, which all Christians seem to like saying. I would advise you to stop worrying about it and enjoy your celebration. It makes no difference where and why it all started. I am so glad to be Pagan and not have to be so up tight

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, both Christmas and Easter are Pagan holidays. Halloween is one too, but at least that don't try to pass that one off as a "Christian" holiday.

• 1 decade ago

Christmas and Easter have their basis in Pagan tradition, but no Christian will admit that they celebrate them because of the Pagan ideas behind them. They've been colored up to fit the Christian need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because in order for Christianity to thrive it needed PR and that means incorporating (mainly European) pagan traditions. By the way, quoting the bible is not an answer. You can basically take out phrases and words from any book to justify something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

most christians celebrate thinly veiled pagan holidays because they don't know any better and are just following what they have been taught. ...

• 1 decade ago

True Christians do not celebrate ANY pagan holidays.

You are right!

Source(s): http://www.watch/ tower.org/e/20001215/article_01.htm
  • 1 decade ago

Christmas traditions, among others, are totally pagan-based

• 1 decade ago

I think you are wrong. I think Jesus was born in Dec..

Zechariah was in the Holy of Holies (Luke 1:5-13) on the Day of Atonement, which usually falls on September 25th…the fall equinox. That would mean that his son, John the Baptist, would have been born around June 24th (summer solstice), based on the truths gleaned from that same passage. And since we know that Elizabeth was six months pregnant (Luke 1:36) when Mary was visited by the angel Gabriel and told the great news of her role in the coming of Salvation (JESUS)…then that would mean that Jesus was conceived around March 25 (spring equinox) and born 9 months later on winter solstice…right around December 25th."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because it feels so good. As long as what they are doing is making them feel good they are not concerned with the truth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.