What are feminists hoping to achieve in the future?

In Western society, we are equal now - there is legally nothing a man can do that a woman can’t. And as far as attitudes go, only a very prejudiced minority actually believe that women aren’t as intelligent or capable as men. In what areas do feminists believe there is still gender inequality? And how are they planning to change this?

I know there are more men holding high status positions within the workplace than women, but have feminists considered the possibility that this is just because less women want to? The women who HAVE risen up to work in international politics show that it is possible with determination. But perhaps more men than women choose to focus on their career?

Rio - could you explain a bit more about what you mean by 'secure birth control'? I thought we already had easy access to birth control?

Kendrick - yes, that was one of the reasons I asked the question. I wanted to see how many feminists are still aiming towards equality rather than supremacy.

I agree that many women want to have a career before they start a family, but not many choose to make their career the main focus of their life, which is needed if they want to progress to the very top of their profession. I have a degree, but a career is not my top priority.

Favorite Answer

In a personal sphere I want to raise boys to be men who do not look down on women. I hope that they will never want to look at porn (though I know that they prob will, but I hope it will be a phase) and that they will challenge sexism and misogyny.

In the bigger picture I would like to see the reduction in gender based crime (ie violence against women), but as men are now using the 'hate the feminist' line (as if they have such a great attitude to non feminist women!) that is as far away as ever - the focus has shifted slightly, but it is the same old prob in a different dress.

Kendrick - if you don't want to answer the question why don't you just put your rant in a question of your own?

Do you really believe you are equal now? Girls and boys don't compete on an equal level in anything. If feminist want the respect to be equals they must compete as such. From kindergarten upwards- Girls and boys are separated in sports, in studies, etc.

The NYC Marathon has a Men winner and a Women leader...when we see that change to just a WINNER then you can talk about equality.

"Is there particularly any wish for women and adult men individuals or will the international purely go down the drain"? properly I accept as true with each and every thing you pronounced and as I predicted the strains between the aspects are in basic terms getting clearer. anyhow, if we are to artwork mutually we would desire to have some purpose in worry-unfastened to artwork in the direction of. it variety of feels that feminists are not keen to budge in any respect and neither is all people else. As long is that this continues to be the case, the enmity will stay besides. "What do you think of the destiny would be like if we can't see eye to eye and make an attempt at starting to be a member of as much as remedy gender subjects mutually"? After listening to what human beings had to declare and examining the supplies that folk use on right here to show their factors I heavily doubt that the two aspects will see eye to eye. Sorry for being the pessimist, yet like I pronounced, except they have something in worry-unfastened to artwork for, or percieve that there is something in worry-unfastened to artwork in the direction of, then this can be the case. i think of feminists particularly are not specializing in merchandising their concepts to those who have not made up their minds. somewhat all people who has particularly annoying inquiries to ask are insulted, defamed, and ostracized. as long as feminists/anti-feminists proceed to apply those strategies, hatred will stay. i think of element of the priority is hating people who hate. this could be a important flaw interior the feminist edge of issues and is in desperate desire of correcting till now any headway could be made. no would desire to point the antifeminists edge of issues as all of us already understand approximately them.

I am taking culture and gender studies subject at university now. I am not sure what feminists are trying to achieve but one thing i know is that they have written many articles to criticize and condemn men for the things that they have not done!

Source(s): my parents, brother and sister

You've forgotten that women aren't allowed to participate in combat. We still have to achieve that for the women who CAN fight on the front lines. Besides which, when we actually use many of our legal rights (usually working in another male-dominated profession), we get ostracized for it. Also, we're still trying to secure birth control, and update the image of women in the media. So that's what will be on the agenda after we've dealt with some problems faced by Eastern women.

EDIT TO BELOW: No, I don't expect more than a few women to take advantage of that new right, but no matter the number, there isn't much sense in having it in the first place.

• Nep

It consists of a lot of misandry and supremacy. It's not difficult to spot(even on this very question).

Consider this: How women legally kidnap(get custody) of the children 80% of the time, while initiating 75% of divorces (not that anyone is marrying anymore anyways).

How 40% of mothers reported that they had interfered with the fathers visitation to punish their ex-spouse.

["Frequency of Visitation" by Sanford Braver, American Journal of Orthopsychiatry] ...

and 50% of mothers see no value in the fathers continued contact with his children.

["Surviving the Breakup" by Joan Berlin Kelly]

How men have no reproductive rights whatsoever.

How $16700 of government funding goes to research Prostate Cancer for every life lost, but $21800 goes toward Breast Cancer for every life lost [1]

How our boys in school are falling behind because of society's catering to girls and disregarding boys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENB8DPq_rs

Youtube thumbnail

How younger women in large cities are making more than men.... examples being 17% higher in New York City and 20% higher in Dallas [2] [3]

How there is an entire academic study and political party assigned to female supremacy, as the above stats show.

In Sweden, the feminists are fighting to abolish marriage and only allow children to have gender neutral names[4] It appears that the marriages rates dropping such a considerable amount, it won't be long before we become a non-marriage society in the US.

Here is a shoe commercial promoting 'Superior shoes for the superior sex'(women): http://clients.dmsgroup.eu/sprox/spot-consumer.htm But somehow, this is now considered okay for women to claim 'Woman Power'.

Edit: Yes. And you are completely right! You can do anything you want to!!!! Don't let anyone hold you down, by telling you otherwise(that you're a victim)

Feminists define "equality" as having more privileges with less responsibilities.

For this reason, feminists desire knows no bottom.

women still aren't paid or promoted equally. there are still more males in political positions of power. women are not consulted in the most important areas of global commerce and finance. we are far from achieving equality in the u.s. if you believe otherwise i fear the trolls have gotten to you, lol. we have a long way to go yet, but that said we do have our eyes to the east and look forward to a world with no boundaries for women and men alike.

"The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race."

—Susan B. Anthony

i just love that quote :)

edit:

i don't buy into the argument that women aren't interested in moving up. given that more women are attending college and seeking degrees in math and science, it would seem the emerging generations will prove otherwise. though, i do know that some women choose to stay home and care for the children it is often simply because their husbands have a higher expectation of earnings.

You seem to have attracted some commentary from that "small prejudiced minority" of morons. Luckily, Darwinism will breed them out of the human gene pool, since they are too pathetic to get laid.

Hopefully they are trying to not be as annoying and in your face because damn they never shut up and it makes men think that they are lesbians