Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

What grades do colleges see?

Do they just see your final grades for a course, or do they see your midterm grade or exam grades as well or what?

Also, what effect does attendence have on your chances of getting into college? I don't have perfect attendence. I'm usually absent maybe 3 times a semester, (some of thos days from vacations or whatever).

Favorite Answer

They will see the transcript provided by your school...it's usually your final grae, but they may see others depending on what you send with your applications.

They just see your final grades. They don't see your exam grades only the final scores you make on the College Entrance Tests. Also, although we all should strive for our best, believe me, regardless of your grades there are always some colleges you can get into. You just won't be able to be as picky in your college choices.

They see your final report cards. They get a transcript from your high school with all your final grades on it, your class rank, and your attendance. It is all on there. Colleges also see your sat or act scores, so make sure you try your best on those. You have to get a certain score to get into different colleges.

At maximum universities, you could desire to report a paper previous to retaking the class that requests the previous grade be dropped out of your GPA in case you develop the grade. this would in basic terms be achieved for grades under a C. examine with the admissions workplace or counseling center on your campus. on no account concern to ask many questions because it is your training and often you could desire to weed with the aid of proceedural pink tape.

I suspect they ask for the final grade, but they will take whatever the school sends them.

usually they see 9-11finial grades. then they see your midterm grades and final grades in 12th grades.

whatever is on the final report card (some schools publish midterms)

9th-12th, but 10th-11th are most important. I crashed and burned my freshman year, but I'm doing fine now as a senior.

Source(s): Past experience. My Freshman GPA was 2.7, and went up slowly to a current 3.4

9th grade through 12th

in France they see the last 3 years of school. in the US they only see what you send them.