Nail Techs, 3 questions please?

1. Should I use scrub fresh or a dehydrator on the nail before applying my primer and acrylic? If not, how do I get rid of the powder residue? I do use a brush to get most of it.

2. Does any monomer work with any polymer? Or does it have to be a universal liquid? I don't like the monomer that comes with my polymer.

3. Should I lock my products up while I'm not at work to keep them from getting contaminated or to keep people from messing with them? My desk does not have a lock on it. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

1 i use scrubfresh or acetone to get dust off and clean the nails. scrubfresh is antibacterial so sometimes i use both b/c i think acetone dehydrates better and i get less lifting. if you do that it will take taker of any powder left on the nail.

2.no no no expescially opi and creative. these two will do somw aweful nails when mixed and so will most liquids and powders. try a creative line. the powders you can used with ANY of their liquids. unlike opi each one has a diff powder. and i think lots of brands are like that.

3. if you are worried about your stuff at work just take it home. lock it up. dont risk good nails b/c someone else was rude and got in your stuff. it would be one less thing you have to worry about.

the creative website is ver helpful too if you have questions and take classes theirs are good you learn alot even if you dont use the product.

Source(s): i am a creative nail enhacment master