Dolly asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Should I sell my Mutual Fund MBSPX?

I don't know what to do. Price is falling everyday.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • x x
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A quick history shows the stock reached a peak about 2004 and has been flat or declining since.

The fee's alone are quite high, and since is underperforming the market I'd get out now.

Move into something with less fee's and with a manager that's not been constantly demoted by Merril Lynch (Director, to VP, to manager ;)

These are the top blended small caps in the last 3 months according to yahoo finance:

American Century Newton

AEVIX

8.13%

Birmiwal Oasis

BIRMX

7.29%

Transamerica Premier Inst Sm Cp Val

TPSMX

7.07%

Neuberger Berman Genesis Instl

NBGIX

5.75%

Neuberger Berman Genesis Inv

NBGNX

5.70%

Neuberger Berman Genesis Tr

NBGEX

5.68%

Neuberger Berman Genesis Adv

NBGAX

5.60%

TA IDEX Transamerica Small/Mid Cp Val I

N/A

4.66%

TA IDEX Transamerica Small/Mid Cp Val A

IIVAX

4.49%

TA IDEX Transamerica Small/Mid Cp Val B

IIVBX

• npk
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I agree - that is a godawful fund. Look at Vanguard or T. Rowe Price for some low cost NO LOAD mutual funds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You shuold certainly sell it and look for a better Mutual Fund such as VFINX or VEIEX and many others that have proved consistent profitable performance...

--First of all, its net assets are only 417 Million and has kept on falling for the last 2 years almost,

I think you should choose your own stocks and i would be buying stocks such as ABB, ADPI because they have room to increase and have appreciated in value over the past years. Good luck...

Source(s): Warren Buffett investing advice and Personal Performance of 31% return on overall investments!
  • 1 decade ago

I would... too many good funds out there ... for you to be hanging on to a two/three year dog. Once you pass a " short-term " fee deadline...don't put up with losses of 8 or 10 percent...that money is supposed to be working FOR you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.