I have started with cramps this morning .Im 5 months along should I go to the ER?

I dont have any bleeding or anything,I just woke up this morning with low cramping in my stomach. It seems constant but sometimes lessens. It does hurt pretty bad though.On a pain scale probably a 6 . What should I do?

Favorite Answer

They could be Braxton Hicks contractions. I know some of mine got pretty uncomfortable during my pregnancies despite the fact that doctors say they should be painless.

But, if you are really in pain then I would have it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry!

Good luck!

Call your doctor and ask what you should do. It could be braxton-hicks. You can also call an advise nurse and ask what you should do as well.

If you feel like you should go to the ER... then go. I work for a hospital and people ask us all the time, "Should I go to the ER?" We can't answer that question for you. If you feel like you need to be seen, then go.

Good Luck.

if theyre period like cramps id definitely call your doctor.. but if theyre really painful and really low it's probably your ligaments stretching that can cause some serious pain at least for me it did, go with your gut though but before you go to the er just make sure you get your docs opinion

Source(s): 39 weeks pregnant

If you are really worried, call the hospital and ask to speak to the OB on call. They always have someone available to speak to you. That way they can determine if you really need to go or not, and it will save you the money of the emergency room check-in, especially if it is nothing.

Go to the doctor or ER and get checked out. It might be totally unrelated to your pregnancy but it is always better to be safe and get checked.

• if i were you i would go to the ER just to be on the safe side i wouldnt want to risk anything. good luck! if your unsure give your doc a call and see what she says.

if your weren't pregnant would this be around your menstral cycle? if so it's probably ok...but if not i would take percaution

-ashton