What chance do I have for Georgetown?

I'm hoping to transfer after spring semester for sophmore year, i'm a freshman now....

i'm at a big 10 school right now(not u michigan or nwestern)

either a 3.56 or 3.77 gpa(still waiting on a course grade)

-finance major

-spot volunteering at University sponsored events...20+ hours

-part time job 10 hours a week as a dishwasher

-taking 3 200 level courses next semester(1 right now)

-low sat scores......1180/1600....(sigh) ..3.2 hs gpa

-bible study group

-two more clubs

thank you

Favorite Answer

You definitely have a chance, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Considering how difficult of a school Georgetown is, you never know what is going to happen. Hopefully you get that 3.77, it would be much more impressive. As for your SAT scores, here is something I found off of their website,

Test scores SAT verbal scores over 500 99%, SAT math scores over 500 99%, ACT scores over 18 100%, SAT verbal scores over 600 88%, SAT math scores over 600 90%, ACT scores over 24 89%, SAT verbal scores over 700 53%, SAT math scores over 700 51%, ACT scores over 30 58%

(Oh, they only consider critical reading and math)

You could call the school and tell someone about your credits and they can help give you a better idea of where you stand. Also make sure to find a teacher that knows you very well, or perhaps an alumni and get some great letters of reccomendation. They can go a long way.

Good luck! You definitely have a shot, but don't get down on yourself if you don't get it, very few people do!

Georgetown puts a lot of value in the recommendations sent by alumni - my dad wrote letters for people all the time. find a teacher at your school that went to Georgetown, kick some butt in that class and ask for a letter of recommendation.